Thursday, February 18, 2021

Keeping busy...

I've been busy with several different projects.  Let's start with the blocks for Kat's January / February block drive for blocks for Covered in Love.  It's an organization that provides quilts to comfort palliative patients in hospital - the families can take them home after the patient passes.  This block was different - it's foundation pieced right onto the batting!  We were asked to choose a colour with 1-2 contrasting strips.  I chose teal and just cut strips - and ended up with enough to make 3 blocks.

Then there was Jen's Feb. block and colour - yellow.  The block is comprised of 4 small spool blocks sewn together after being rotated.  




Angela's SoScrappy colour for February is also yellow.  In January, I chose 2 different blocks to work with each month = Half Square Triangles and classic 9-patches.  The HSTs will be combined with low volume fabrics; the 9-patches will use differing shades of the colour of the month (2 each of dark corners and 2 with light corners).








All of these blocks were sewn with fabrics from my scraps - and I'll be linking up with Cynthia on the weekend for Oh Scrap!
I'm hoping to post more projects in a day or two...  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of fun blocks shown here. I need to remember to mail my blocks to CIL -- they've been done for a while. I've been working with yellow a lot this month and it's time to move on to another color -- yellow, I'm done with you!

    ReplyDelete