Saturday, February 20, 2021

More finishes!

 

I thought that i"d take a few minutes to share a recent finish and a special project.  

I bought the fabric for this first quilt about 12 - 15 years ago at Fabricland.  It was great quality and I knew that it would become a quilt, just not sure what or how.  Fast forward to a few weeks ago, and I saw a quick and easy quilt picture on Jo's Country Junction - and I knew what to do!  The main fabric is "zoo" animals.  I added sashing in Kona Blueberry and cornerstones in Kona Peach and bound it with the same Konas.

I've enjoyed seeing quilt pictures in the snow, so I took that quilt, and my Trip Around the World quilt from a few weeks ago, and headed out to my back yard.  Hubby told me in the morning that we'd received about 8" of fresh snow overnight, so I grabbed my coat and boots and my 2 quilts and set out - into approx. 14" of snow and drifts...  There's no way I could plod through that, so back to the house - there was a leaf rake - that would work wouldn't it?  Haha - not really...  I did knock down some of the deepest drift and soldiered on - hope it was worth the journey!

And finally, I got a request for a prayer shawl - a young woman recently diagnosed with cancer was starting chemo and a friend thought that she'd appreciate a prayer shawl.  I found the perfect yarns and spent the next week knitting a "Dot Stitch" (pattern on Ravelry) prayer shawl for her, and it's been delivered!  Each cancer has it's own coloured ribbon assigned to it (we all know the pink ribbon for breast cancer) - and the yarn that I used had the colour for her cancer as one of the main colours!  I'll continue to pray for her until her chemo is finished. 
Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be linking up to Sarah's post.





1 comment:

  1. Your quilts are so pretty... and love them pictured in the snow! Wish we had snow here! xx

    ReplyDelete