Monday, November 7, 2011

Starting November with cards!

What's this? 2 blog posts, back to back, with birthday cards in them?! What is going on? Well, it's like this - I painted my craft room a few weeks ago, and life hasn't been the same since! I have a tiny spot cleared on my cutting table, and it's where I've been doing whatever crafting I have time for - and that doesn't seem like much time lately. I've been working on 2 or 3 quilts, but a lot of that has been cutting parts - not too exciting! I hope to have fabric-related pics soon, but I'm hoping that you'll be SO amazed with my cards that you'll totally forget that I haven't posted quilty stuff for a few weeks. *crossing her fingers*
So, on to the pics! The first card uses my new favourite stamp set, Delicate Doilies. I stamped them using Cherry Cobbler, Kiwi Kiss and Close to Cocoa inks; I mounted the stamped panel on Close to Cocoa C/S, and then mounted it onto the Kiwi Kiss card base. This is going to be the card for my mom's 83rd birthday Nov. 8th. Happy birthday mom - we love you! The second card features a stamped motif; brads mark the 3 visible corners. That panel is applied to C/S with a piece of Designer Paper glued onto it. A label and a petite oval from my collection of Nestabilities draw your eye to the sentiment, and a ribbon ties the whole card together.

2 comments:

  1. Great cards Jannette! Love the colours and especially those Delicate Doilies stamps....reminds me of spirograph (remember that?) I'm sure your Mom will love it...hope she has a wonderful day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking spirograph too! Love those colors and the way they flow across the page. So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete