It's been a very interesting, and challenging, few months - but renovations are finally happening, workload has decreased significantly, and my health has thrown us a few curve balls - but I'm back!
I've been keeping quite busy - finishing a few quilts, doing a lot of knitting and crocheting for our church craft group, and spending time with my family. The most fun news is that we'll be gaining a new family member in October! There will definitely be some wedding sewing going on!
I've got pictures of some of my latest projects - but we're having issues downloading photos from my camera to the computer. It's so much easier to share them on my IG account...
So, where to start? I finished 2 small quilts for Project Linus (no photos unfortunately), made a few quilty gifts for Christmas - my youngest daughter wanted a hotpad large enough for a 9"x13" casserole dish:
On the spur of the moment, I decided to make 2 of these little wall-hangings from the Temecula Quilt Company: - they measure approx. 12 x 14 inches.
Our youngest grandson LOVES pandas, so when I saw this hat, I had to make it for his 3rd birthday!
I taught a group of grade 6 students how to sew! Their school offers a 4-week program that allows the kids to explore their interests, learn new skills, and maybe even introduce them to the thing that will become their career! The first week, we made infinity scarves; the second week we made pillows from donated blue jean legs; and the last 2 weeks, we assembled charm squares into 4-patches, which then were sewn into 16-patches - and then into quilt tops for Project Linus.
There has also been some knitting happening - a couple from our church support a girls school in Kenya. Our church craft group has been asked to make sweaters for the girls to wear to church - and 4 or 5 of the ladies took on that challenge. We ended up donating 12 cardigans for the cause!
I am currently working on a Temperature Quilt - I see the afghan and scarf patterns every year, but they didnt appeal to me - and then I saw that Canuck Quilter was offering a free pattern for a temperature quilt, and I knew that I had found my pattern! I hope that we get the camera issue resolved soon so that I can share pictures of my progress!
And, just after Christmas I saw posts from the Mennonite Central Committee, looking for volunteers to make comforters or quilts to go to the Ukraine. I had a few new patterns to try out, and I got 2 quilts done for them - and a third one almost done. Again, as soon as we can figure out the issue that prevents me from transferring pics from the camera to the computer, I will get them into a post.
So, you are all caught up with my doings! The making continues...
Thanks for sticking around and popping in!