Saturday, July 5, 2014

Hey, what happened to June?

I think I'm safe to say that this summer is flying by all of a sudden....  I know that quite a few bloggers have commented on how quickly June came and went, and I'm joining their ranks.  I had such great plans to get my Black, White and Lime "Swoon" quilt top assembled for my ALYoF June project - and I think I blinked, because June is gone, and I'm NOWHERE near finishing.  I did manage to get started, not without problems - let's just say that it's NOT a good idea to cut HSTs when you're tired...  I cut the wrong sized blocks, and then couldn't find any extra fabric to re-cut the blocks, so I had to find a different B&W fabric, and then re-cut all the pieces needed for that particular block.  Now I'm back on track; I have the HSTs all sewn together, and am ready to start assembling the flying geese blocks.  Needless to say, this will now be my JULY goal for ALYoF!
Here's a picture of some of the blocks I managed to sew for June:
I'll be linking up this project on Melissa's site.

2 comments:

  1. Black white and lime? Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always cut bigger, you can always trim after sewing.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete