Sunday, October 19, 2014

A special birthday card

Can't believe that it's been 3 weeks since I last posted - so I'm popping in quickly to post a birthday card.  I made this one for my MIL's birthday at the end of September, and just forgot to post it then - so, you get to see it today!
I've had the embossing folders for quite a while, but the flower dies are fairly new.  I'm still trying to figure out how best to use them - I'm having issues with the dies not cutting through the card-stock cleanly.  I hope I've got the solution now!  I love the effect of the yellow pistils (stamens?) give - they got sort of stuck in the die, so I had to push them out with a pin, making them curve toward the center a bit - and it made them look very natural.  The best part was, my MIL loved the card!  

No comments:

Post a Comment