Friday, November 13, 2015

I've been busy!

I promised you a look at some of the things that I've been working on recently, and here they are!
First off, I FINALLY  finished a quilt that's been about 5 years in the making.  I bought the fabric on a whim, when hubby and I were on a trip to Shipshewana with hubby's cousin and his wife.  A few of my cyber-quilting friends live fairly close to Shipshewana, and we arranged to meet up at Yoder's.  One thing after another delayed our arrival, until we pulled up at 5:10 pm.  They close at 5:30....  I dashed in, while everyone else proceeded on to our hotel.  I met my friends in person finally, and we ducked in to see what wonderful things Yoder's had available.  I chose a few white T-O-T fabrics, then saw a great green.  I took it to the counter, asked for 4 yards, paid for it and my white fabrics, and then went to the hotel.  My friends stayed with us for supper, and we had a lovely evening, but they wondered what I was planning to do with the green fabric - and at that time, I had no idea!  Four yards of fabric...  Fast forward about 9 months, and I found a quilt pattern called Swirlygig.  I fell in love! and guess what - it required 4 yards of a dark fabric for the main print and the binding!  I found a great gold-yellow fabric with green splotches, added a white fabric, and made the top.  Then it got tucked away for about 2 years - until a local long-arm quilter had a sale on her quilting services.  It finally got quilted this past winter, and I put the final stitches in the binding yesterday!

Next on the completed pile is a Warm Wishes crib-sized quilt.  This is a quick and easy quilt, originally designed for Project Linus.  I've made a few of these, and always love how it turns out.  This one is made of four different colours from one fabric line, so it's kind of matchy-matchy, but the group that I donated it to loved it!  It's been layered for a few months, and finally was quilted and bound in time for show-and-tell at my guild meeting on Monday night.  It's backed and bound with pink fabric.

And finally, my swap blocks for Cathy - we're nearing the end of our large-scale floral Disappearing 4-patch swap - there's just 2 months left.  These are the blocks that I gave her for October: 

So, now I'm heading back to the machine to sew a few more rows together for my November ALYoF project.  It's coming together nicely - but you'll have to check here in a week or so to see my progress.  I'm linking up to Sarah's Whoop-whoop party!

1 comment:

  1. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. custom website development company

    ReplyDelete