First, I completed the quilting and binding on one of my Rainbow Scrappy Challenge quilts from 2014. I came across a braid-type quilt in a Fons and Porter magazine from a few years ago, and made up 5 scrappy strips using 3 fabrics for each colour in the braid - those fabrics being the colour assigned for that particular month. The top was finished quite a while ago, but I finally finished the whole thing! It will be a donation quilt:
I did Stitch-In-The-Ditch quilting in the braid sections, and used a different decorative stitch in each sashing strip. The binding is scrappy too.
I also had started four Christmas placemats for a guild project a few weeks ago, but didn't get them done in time, so I set them aside. Yesterday, I decided to finish them and "gift" them to my daughter. I made a small "Twister" panel for the left side of the placemat, and used a small piece of yardage for the right side. I used
the S-I-T-D process to quilt the Twister section, and quilted some snowflakes in the fabric panel using Press and Seal. I've had the Press and Seal for years, but had never really tried it for quilting. I'm happy to report that it worked out really well in this application!
I don't think that my daughter reads my blog, so I'm safe in posting it here.
Now I'm linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict and She Can Quilt - check out their posts for lots of wonderful project photos!