Friday, April 15, 2016

Some scrappy fun!

I've been putting off a very important task - something I've needed to do for at least the past 6 months - cleaning out my sewing room.  My sewing space started off upstairs, then got moved to the basement - and I vowed to sort it out long before Christmas.  Well, I'm sure that you know what happened - nothing!  There were too many gifts to make, then quilting challenges came up... and it was always too easy to come up with an excuse to put it off.  But now I'm working on my Hands2Help quilts, and I needed a bigger space to work in - so I got some of my space cleaned out.  And guess what - I found a whole pile of sewn
 and cut up strips, ready to be reassembled into scrappy Trip Around the World blocks!  So I had to put everything else aside to make up a few blocks: 
But then reality struck, and I figured that I'd better get to work on what I really needed to put together - my Hands2Help quilts.  These quilts will be going to the Yukon Women's Transition Home, for the women and their children.  I had already sewn the individual blocks up for both the boy and the girl quilts; I had even auditioned a few layouts, but then I decided to make both quilts a little bigger.  I played around with different layouts, and finally decided on 2 different ones.  Here's the boy quilt top:
and the girl's quilt top: 

Finally, while I was on a roll, I decided that I should share my Quilty 365 blocks for this past week - the 

yellow one is today's block, celebrating that spring (and the sunshine!) seems to have finally arrived; the pink floral is for my dear friend Ila, who would have celebrated her birthday yesterday.
I'm going to link up to Sarah's Can I Get a Whoop-whoop, and also Leanne's Scraptastic Tuesday posts.

5 comments:

  1. Your boy's and girl's tops are so sweet! Those kids will really love them. And I love the scrappy trips blocks the best. They are definitely on my bucket list, but yours just glow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely finishes. I am the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have another scrappy trip in the works, too. And I love your little plus blocks for Quilty365. What a great change from circles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks, great quilts and well done for being so generous to the wider community! Thank you for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilts for the Yukon, Janette! Thanks for participating in H2H this year!

    ReplyDelete