So, first things first - what quilt pattern should I use? I looked through the various quilts that I have bookmarked over the years, and also my Pinterest boards, and finally decided on "Hugs and Kisses". I was able to get 2 - 10" squares cut from each fat quarter. There were 13 fabrics that were usable for the blocks (the other fabrics had white backgrounds - they'll be used in other PL quilts), so I ended up with 26 blocks. One block finished too small (?) and I set one more aside, and made a quilt with 4 blocks per row, and 6 rows. I used the red Snoopy print for the backing and a great striped fabric for the binding, and voila! a completed quilt for Project Linus!
There are two prints with black backgrounds - one is striped, and the other is a text prints that says "Security is a thumb and a blanket" - so appropriate for a Project Linus quilt!
I've also been really busy working in the yard - sorry, no photos, but in my spare time I've been getting some knitting done. It seems like all the young women that are having babies now are having boys, so my "stash" of baby girl gifts is being abandoned... Knitting boy's sweaters is about the only thing I'm working on lately - including this little pullover for a certain almost-one-year-old little guy. It's another "Tenderheart" sweater from Tin Can Knits - done up in a soft green this time. I'm so close to joining the body to the sleeves - and then the stranded colour work gets done... The photo doesn't do the colour justice - maybe the completed sweater will show more true.
Linking up to Kat's Sew Some Love page.