Wednesday, February 3, 2021

January wrap-up



 The first month of this new year is (thankfully!) behind us - and we are one month closer to spring.  I just wanted to quickly share what I worked on and finished this month:

Canuck Quilter (Joanne Kerton) designed a temperature quilt last year - and I decided that this is the year that I am going to make one.  I bought all the fabrics, and have the first month done!

It's not very colourful - our temperatures have been very mild so far this year.
I've also decided to join 2 challenges - the first one is Patterns By Jen's Monthly Colour challenge.  She chooses the block; the colour is inspired by fruits and vegetables.  January's block was based on the eggplant - and this is my block: 
The second challenge is Angela's So Scrappy challenge - she chooses a colour and we're free to choose a block (or more!) and use the colours to construct those blocks.  January's colour was pink - and I chose half-square triangles for one set of blocks, and nine-patches for the other.  I'll be making 4 nine-patch blocks - two will have 5 dark squares and 4 lighter squares, while the other 2 blocks will be reversed.  These are the blocks I've made: 






And finally, I quilted 2 quilts that I had pieced in the fall - along with a bit of a typo in one of the fabrics!  The first quilt is a (planned) scrappy Trip Around the World, and the second is made of leftover jelly roll strips from another project.  



Did you find the mistake?  
Thanks for sticking around - this post ended up being a little longer that I expected!


1 comment:

  1. Hehe, that spelling error is funny, one more thing to make the quilt special!

    ReplyDelete