Monday, May 31, 2021

May "doings"

This post is only a few weeks late - working nights for the past 4 weeks has messed with my head and my timing (and anything else that I find convenient...😉) .  In that time, I've sewn 2 sets of blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and 2 blocks for the Monthly Colour Challenge.  I also made (or finished) 3 quilts for Victoria Quilts through Hands2Help.

First, my blocks for RSC - the colour for April was blue and May was red.  



Red (cherry) was the challenge colour  for April   and brown (potato) for May.

I have pictures of two of the quilt tops that I made for Victoria Quilts.  I'm thankful that there was a Canadian charity to donate to this year again.  First is this "Twist" quilt - the Pattern is from KatyQuilts
This second one is a Warm Wishes quilt - I was aiming for something a little "masculine" - hoping that this navy, cream and rust will fit the bill.  Both of these tops measure approx. 50" x70".

Apparently I didn't get a picture of the 3rd quilt and the package has been sent off.
Going forward, I have a stack of "Off the Quilt Path" blocks ready to assemble into a top; a purple and white jelly roll project started - and my temperature quilt is getting bigger every day.   I also have 2 leader-ender projects underway....  Masks are still getting made as needed - hoping that we'll be able to do without them before Thanksgiving? Christmas?  Hubby and I have both had our first shots and 2nd ones are booked!

Thank you for stopping by!





3 comments:

  1. Wow, for working nights you sure got a lot accomplished in May! Love your H2H quilts, and I definitely think the rust and navy one reads masculine and modern. Good luck with your June projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful contribution for Hands2Help!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't H2H a fun challenge every year?!

    ReplyDelete