Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Now that's bright!


I got a few quilt tops done in Dec. but didn't have time to get them quilted. Now that most of the busyness is over, I can get back to some quilting. I pulled out another child's quilt, and quickly stitched it in the ditch, sewed on some binding, and stitched that down with a decorative stitch. I managed to get it done in time to bring it to our Jan. quilt guild meeting, to donate to the Women's Rural Resource Centre. They always have a need for quilts of almost any size, and I thought a bright one might make someone's day!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, bright, cheery quilt! It will bring a big smile to the lady who receives it. I have a sister-in-law in Goderich who makes quilts for the Womens Shelter there. Such a huge need for women who leave with just the clothes on their backs, to bring their children to safety. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work and your generous heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bright and colourful! It will certainly warm somebody's heart in more than one way!
    Thanks for sharing, Anja

    ReplyDelete