Thursday, February 25, 2010

my stash project


I belong to a quilter's forum on the 'net, and really enjoy the challenges that are posted. Our last one was to create any project, using only fabrics from our stash. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I had this many reds - the beiges, creams and tans are useful for so many things, so I don't have to apologize for them!
The challenge ran from Jul. to Dec. '09 and, in typical procrastinator style, I finally got around to sewing it together in Jan. - but, now it's done! Well, mostly... I still have to put a border or two on it, and then quilt and bind it, but you know what I mean. Now the challenge is to decide who the recipient is going to be!

2 comments:

  1. WOW Jannette! Another beautiful quilt!! Love the reds, it looks so patriotic...especially right now with the Olympics on...at least that's what it makes me think of. Procrastination is in the dictionary for a reason, may as well make good use of it..lol. I certainly do! Thanks for continuing to share your beautiful work! Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt again, Jannette, I don't know how you do it. Did it make a dent in your stash?
    Just joking, you know me and my stashes. Or is that not even a word?
    I am sure you are gonna make someone really happy with this bright quilt. Hope to see you around, take care, Anja

    ReplyDelete