Monday, April 12, 2010

a birthday card


I have two friends and a family member with birthdays this week, and since none of them know each other, they'll all be getting the same card - it's so much easier that way!
This card is a total CASE of a card on the Splitcoaststampers website - I just can't remember who to give the credit to - if you REALLY need to know, let me know - or you can just CASE my card! Here it is:
I still had some Groovy Guava, one of SU's "In Colours" from 2 years ago, so I've used it all up making these cards (well, I have bits of it left, but not enough to make a card from). I used Very Vanilla for the light panels, and stamped the heart onto the GG C/S, cut it out, then stamped it again onto the VV C/S. The GG heart is mounted on pop dots over the heart on the VV C/S. I used Groovy Guava and Close to Cocoa inks for the stamping, and each of the pieces are mounted on Close to Cocoa C/S. I also had a bit of GG designer paper for the first panel.

2 comments:

  1. What a great card Jannette!! Love the layout and the colours and the popped-up heart! I still have some of that Groovy Guava too. Did you know they are retiring some of the SU colours? I read it on a blog I follow. We will probably get a notice from Jacky, if not I'll send you the blog link. Thanks for sharing your card...I'm sure all the birthday people will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as ALWAYS! I love the stamped image on the heart..so pretty!!

    HOPE/Luv2Quilt

    ReplyDelete