Friday, June 11, 2010

2 new cards - finally!



I can't believe how much time has passed since my last post! I knew it had been a busy month, but I guess this proves it, huh?
To compensate, I'm posting 2 cards!
The first one is made with some SU DP, and I picked the Cameo Coral from it for the oval. Then I stamped the stems and leaves from the set "In the Spotlight", added flowers from a random flower punch and tucked in a strip of Old Olive that was punched with one of SU's new border punches. I'll add a sentiment to it when I'm ready to use it.
The second card is one that I made at this season's final Tues. evening stamping group - we'll start up again in Sept. The card is one that my sis designed (we each come to the evening with a card design and all the elements for everyone else to make one too) - we had our choice of letters, so I chose "a" - I think I know someone who's name starts with an A.... A fancy border punch, DP, some cute flowers and brads, a few bits of ribbon - and voila!

4 comments:

  1. THey are both great cards, Jannette!!
    I know somebody who's name start with an A....
    just kidding!
    It was good to see you on Monday.
    I am so sorry I forgot your birthday!
    You better go check your mailbox at home...
    Take care, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jannette: Both cards are beautiful! Love the bright, cheerful colours of the flower card, and then the muted colours of the A card. So nice to see some cards on your blog. I am getting to be a bad blogger myself. Thanks for sharing. I love the layout of the flower card...can I case it!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anja,
    Thanks for the beautiful card! I love the bright colours of it - I usually work with earth tones, so this is a nice pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! You are so artistic. Want to come rub off on me and teach me? :)

    ReplyDelete