Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas quilts!

My youngest daughter has also been bitten by the quilting bug, and has become a great quilter in a very short time! This past spring, she suggested that we make quilts for her sister and brother, who both live 3 hours away from me. We each picked a few patterns, and then compared notes. We decided on 2 quilts from the Aug. '09 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine. We raided our individual stashes, and had a few fun days auditioning fabrics in several local quilt shops. She spent 2 days here, as we first cut all the required parts of fabric, and we spent the 2nd day sewing merrily away! She made the quilt for her sis, and I made my son's quilt.
I know that I finished "my" quilt at 2:00 a.m. Christmas day..... and she may have finished hers at about the same time - but, they were completed, wrapped and "under the tree" when we opened our gifts later that afternoon.
Do you want to see what we made? Well, here are the Christmas quilts (we lovingly refer to them as "hugs from home"):
As you can see, they were put to good use:
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas - we did!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh...I really like the pink and green one. Very, very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Jannette...I like the manly design and colors for your son..great pic! You are so talented..and now your daughter too!

    Happiest of New Years to you!!
    Luv2Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both beautiful quilts, Jannette! Who doesn't love a 'hug from home!' If I get started now, maybe I can make some 'hugs' for my girls for next year.
    So neat to share the love of quilting with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete