Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pictures, pictures - I've got pictures!


After having been absent from blogland for a while, I have come back with lots of pictures to share with you! Of course, I can't share them all in one post - I'm going to drag it out for a bit (that way I don't have to work on any new projects, and you won't know the difference!)
Seriously though, when I uploaded my recent project pictures, I discovered that I had done a lot more than I thought - go figure!
So, for today, I'll share a few birthday cards I've made in the last week or two:
The top one is CASE'd from my friend Anja. I chose 3 colours of cardstock and matching ink, and stamped a field full of flowers, then added a birthday "banner" with a lacy edge from one of my decorative punches, and finally, a butterfly with 2 small pearls for it's body.
The second card is softer, with it's muted colours. I reverse-masked the center of the card, stamped it with a scripted stamp, and then shaded the edges. Using the same soft purple, I stamped some vines in the top corner, and then punched out a few flowers in matching cardstock. I stamped them with the same script stamp, distressed them a bit, and made centers with large brads. Finally, I stamped the sentiment with the soft purple - and voila! two birthday cards for some very special ladies!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogland! It was good to see you on Saturday,did you get your things done?
    Love your cards, it's funny, I am looking at the top one and think, oh I need to case Jannette,LOL!!
    Looking forward to the next project.
    Take care, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Jannette! I love script card stamps.

    Hope you are doing well?

    Blessings to you always..
    HOPE/Luv2quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cards! Love the colours on both, one bold and bright, the other soft and subtle. Can't wait to see your other creations! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete