Saturday, February 5, 2011

The pictures you've all been waiting for...

A few weeks ago, I had a real sewing binge - I quilted two throw quilts, got all kinds of blocks sewn, started a new quilt....and I haven't really had a chance to sit down at the machine since. That all changed yesterday. I didn't want to get farther behind on my layer cake quilt, and I had two challenge blocks that have to be in the mail no later than Monday (my own deadline).
So, without further ado - my 2 layer cake quilt blocks:

I'm not too happy with the second block - I'm trying to use up my scraps, but almost all of them were just too narrow or short, so it is what it is.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness you are just whipping up those quilts like nuthin'! I had to go for a close up on the first square...never seen that pattern before...interesting. Like the colours. May have to agree with you on the second square...great fabric, maybe not all together, bit busy...but kudos to you for setting yourself a time frame, and getting them done.

    ReplyDelete