Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm still here!

Why is it, that you get up in the morning, and you think of all the spare time you have in the day; and suddenly, it's supper time, and all of your grand and glorious plans have come to nothing?! Welcome to my world! I have been getting things accomplished - just not the sorts of things that you want to read about... But wait, I did make a card! I think that I might even have a picture of it - and this just might be it:
An older couple at our church is going through a really tough time right now, and I wanted them to know that we care about them and we're praying for them. I know that I saw a card on someone's blog that ended up being the inspiration for this card, but right now, I have no idea who it was (I'm going to have to start paying more attention to that - and for now, I'll accept my punishment of 20 lashes with a wet noodle). I'm not a huge fan of the colour orange, but it just seemed right for this card. I used my Beautiful Wings Embosslits from Stampin' Up - I made some of the butterflies with the orange cardstock, and a few with cardstock-weight vellum. The horizontal strip is a darker cardstock, and I used the scalloped trim border punch along the long edges. A big circle cut from coordinating designer paper finishes it off. The card has been delivered, and hopefully, it's encouraging the recipients.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely thought with a lovely card. I'm sure they appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card, love the colours! So nice of you to send it to those people.TAke care, Anja

    ReplyDelete