Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Final finish for 2013

...and it's done!  This is my finish for December's Lovely Year of Finishes.  It's from a quilt class that my daughter and I took at her LQS a while back.  Unfortunately, the shop has since closed...  My daughter completed her quilt already, and I can't have her teasing me that I'm old and slow!
The quilt is called "Crooked Furrows" - and even though I started off in class by cutting the triangles from right to left instead of left to right, it still ended up with crooked furrows, so it's all good!
I made the quilt a little larger than the class sample, but right now, I have no idea how big it is - I know that it's much larger than a typical lap quilt - it may even cover a twin-sized bed.  I'll have to get those measurements done before it goes to it's new home...
Here it is:
I'm excited that Melissa and Shanna have decided to continue the "program" to encourage me and a few other quilters to complete Un-Finished Objects (UFO's) - it's obvious that I need it!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful finish to end the year with. I'm joining in with that group this year. I already have my list made, and the decision on which one to work on for January made. How about you? Which UFO are you going to do this month?

    ReplyDelete