Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Final finish for 2013

...and it's done!  This is my finish for December's Lovely Year of Finishes.  It's from a quilt class that my daughter and I took at her LQS a while back.  Unfortunately, the shop has since closed...  My daughter completed her quilt already, and I can't have her teasing me that I'm old and slow!
The quilt is called "Crooked Furrows" - and even though I started off in class by cutting the triangles from right to left instead of left to right, it still ended up with crooked furrows, so it's all good!
I made the quilt a little larger than the class sample, but right now, I have no idea how big it is - I know that it's much larger than a typical lap quilt - it may even cover a twin-sized bed.  I'll have to get those measurements done before it goes to it's new home...
Here it is:
I'm excited that Melissa and Shanna have decided to continue the "program" to encourage me and a few other quilters to complete Un-Finished Objects (UFO's) - it's obvious that I need it!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful finish to end the year with. I'm joining in with that group this year. I already have my list made, and the decision on which one to work on for January made. How about you? Which UFO are you going to do this month?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! :)
    Greetings from Finland!
    Hugs, Ulla

    ReplyDelete