Monday, December 9, 2013

I DO have better things to do!

Here we are, well into the month of December, and, so far, the only work that I've done on my LYoF project is to undo all of the stitched-together blocks.  My daughter's been here the past 2 days, and has already completed her "Crooked Furrows" quilt, and she's confident that I'm sewing it together completely wrong!  I "unstitched" the sections that I'd finished, and we played around with alternate arrangements, and she has potentially straightened me out. SO, tomorrow I start from scratch again...  At least it will now be next to perfect!  (That's really funny - next to perfect...!)  But, I have been busy with a few other sewing projects - we had our kids home Sunday and today to celebrate Christmas.  All 4 (5?) of the "kids" have jobs that make getting together on Christmas day VERY difficult - and we have to share some of them with in-laws, so we set aside this past weekend to open our gifts.  Last year, we decided to try something new for our gift exchange - we drew names, and then had to make a gift for that person.  It was apparently such a hit, that everyone wanted to do it again.  I ended up with our son's name - which made my job a lot easier.  He's a HUGE Dr. Who fan, and, seeing as this is the 50th anniversary of Dr. Who, it was pretty obvious that I had to chose something connected.  Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE Pinterest??? There were quite a few different Dr. Who projects, using a number of techniques.  I originally started knitting a scarf featuring the well-known Tardis (it's kind of like a time-machine), but when I had knitted about 13", I realized that it really wasn't going to be a good gift, so, back to Pinterest - and then I found it!  A paper-pieced Tardis pillow!  Never mind that I haven't done a lot of paper-piecing - I thought that I was up to the challenge - and, apparently, I nailed it!  (Even when I pointed out that I'd missed a small section, I was assured that it wasn't a problem).  So, here it is:
  It's probably already in a place of honour (right, Jon?)  And the best part? he doesn't want the scarf!

1 comment:

  1. That looks fabulous! Welcome to the crazy world of all the possibilities of paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete