Monday, September 7, 2015

September 2015 ALYoF goal

How can it already be September 7th?  In just over 2 weeks, it will be Sept. 25th - and then just 3 months later it will be Christmas, and I haven't even had enough summer yet!  I know that I lost some time in April, but I just don't know how the rest of the year has rushed by so quickly.... (the weeds in my garden may have had something to do with it though...).
But, time apparently marches on, and I have projects to finish - and soon!  September's project is one that I NEED to have done by Sept. 23rd.  Fair season starts on Sept. 24th, and I need to enter a wall-hanging.  I almost had this one done for last year, but ran out of steam just a week shy of entering it.  I put it away, fully intending to finish it in time for Christmas, but that didn't happen either.  Now, fair season has come around again, and if I don't get it in this time, I won't have another opportunity to do so.  It just needs the quilting and binding done, so not a huge time commitment.
  
I've been looking for some seasonal wall-hanging patterns for a while, and I saw this pattern shortly after I got my Twister tool.  I have a short hallway, and it needs a focal point at the end of it - and this is the one that I've chosen for Christmas.  I'll probably just do some kind of SID quilting - I'm not confident enough in my free motion quilting yet, and I don't want to distract from the "tree".
So, 2+ weeks to quilt and bind a simple wall-hanging - I should be able to get it done, right?  Right!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, you can do it...... go Jannette! Picture singing and pom pom waving. LOL

    ReplyDelete