Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September's finish

Right - it's September 30th today, and I almost forgot to blog about my ALYoF project.  I chose to finish my Christmas wall-hanging.  I used my Twister tool to make the Christmas tree - the coloured sections are supposed to represent either ornaments or coloured lights, and the various green fabrics hopefully mimic the different shades found in a real tree (although I know real trees don't come in most of the green colours that I used...).
I did some Stitch-in-the-Ditch quilting in the cream background blocks.  Instead of using the same technique for the tree, I used a gold rayon embroidery thread, and stitched "garland" back and forth throughout the tree, and even used a decorative stitch on my sewing machine to make a little "baubles" every so often along the garland.  I used a great red and white diagonal stripe for the binding, hoping to evoke thoughts of candy canes.
Here's the completed project - ready to be entered in the fair this weekend!
 
I'm linking up to Melissa's site.

1 comment: