I got one of my "fire" quilts done - it will be going to one of the boys that lost a brother in a tragic house fire earlier this month. The quilt for the 2nd brother is quilted and just needs to have the binding attached and sewn down. I'm hoping to share that later today, but this one quilt was my challenge.
The finished quilt looks like this:
I used just a quick and simple wavy line stitched from side to side, and I machine-stitched the binding down. I'm hoping that this quilt gets lots of use, and that means a lot of washing - I find that machine stitching the binding makes it strong and durable.
I'm off to post my finish on Melissa's ALYoF post, and then I'll work on finishing the second quilt.
Edited to add: my completed second quilt! I quilted this with diagonal cross-hatching, and I machine stitched the binding. Hubby very kindly assisted in holding up the finished quilt - here it is!