Sunday, February 14, 2016

A little knitting, a little quilting...

I have several knitting projects "on the go", and I really shouldn't start anything else, but I'm trying something new.  I've been lurking on Ravelry for a while, and recently saw a knit-along (KAL) for Tin Can Knits.  I discovered Tin Can Knits around Christmas time, and was able to download a few of their patterns.  Then I noticed that they were hosting a "New Tricks" challenge.  Basically, you choose to learn a new-to-you technique or design element, post your choice, then make said item, complete it before Feb. 29th, and post the finish.  There are going to be prizes!
I decided that I'd like to learn a new thing or two, and I chose their fairly quick-to-knit "Gather" cowl - it features smocking every few rows.  (There's a coordinating hat to knit as well).  I had picked up a really soft Loops & Threads yarn (Elegance) at Michaels in Smoky Plum; it was perfect for the gauge, and it's a beautiful colour!  So, I signed up, and started knitting.  The deadline is rapidly approaching, and I'm hoping to finish it on time - if I can squeeze in a few more minutes to work on it every day...
This is what it looks like so far:
I've got a few hours left to link it up to Judy's On the Needles report for Feb. 12th (I know, I'm a few days late...!)

In the meantime, I'm still trying to keep up with my Quilty365 project - and here are the Dancing Plus blocks I've made for the past week (Feb. 8-14).  We've finally got some winter weather - extreme cold and lots of snow - so I picked some bright and cheerful flowers for a few days, but I made sure to choose hearts for today!



Hope your Sunday has been restful!

No comments:

Post a Comment