Friday, May 27, 2016

I'm back!

Hello all!  I'm sorry for my sudden absence - we had major computer issues - and while we quickly got a replacement, it took hubby quite a while to get our files transferred to the new computer.  Add in some major family responsibilities, hubby's full-time job, my computer illiteracy, and you get an "absentee" blogger.
So now that we seem to have things mostly back to normal, I can share some of the things I've been doing the past few weeks!  I'll spread it out over 2 or 3 posts, or you'll be reading this way past your bedtime....
I'll start with the most important things first: my Hands2Help quilts.  This is my second year taking part in this charity challenge, and I've had a lot of fun both years.  The charity that will be getting my quilts is the Yukon Women's Transition Home.  They need quilts for the women and their children that have fled abusive situations; they'll be starting new lives with the help of the Transition Home, and the donated quilts.
I made quilts for both a girl and a boy,
and a mom.


The "mom" quilt was a New Year's day mystery quilt from 2 or 3 years ago.  I finished the top, and then put it aside because life got busy.  A few months later, I found a great print for the back, so it got layered and ready to quilt, and then was set aside again - until last week.  Now it's quilted and bound and ready to go to someone that needs some encouragement.  They'll be going out in the morning, and I'm linking up to Sarah's linky party.
Have I already said how much fun I've had making these quilts?!

2 comments:

  1. Jannette, these are awesome! Thanks so much for participating in H2H this year - I'm glad you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete