Saturday, June 25, 2016

Two finishes!

I know, I know, I'm late for Friday's reports - but I had to wait to get pictures of my completed projects, and that didn't happen until just 20 minutes ago.
So, the good news is that I completed 2 baby projects this week!  One is the little sweater for baby Charlotte - her mom is one of my youngest daughter's best friends.  The baby shower is tomorrow, so the sweater really needed to be finished today, and there were a LOT of ends to finish off!  But, I got it all done, and it's wrapped and ready to go.  Here it is:
The pattern is from King Cole, and the yarn is "Drifter" by King Cole - it was wonderful to work with, and I'd knit this sweater again (in a solid colour next time though)!
I also got the quilt done for baby Evan!  It's my version of an I-spy quilt.  There are 2 "copies" of each print in the quilt, so it can work as an I-spy, or match-up game; it can also be used as a counting tool (how many blocks have animals, etc.) and a colour-teaching tool - so, lots of things that can be done with it.  I'll wait a few weeks before I go to visit and deliver this quilt.

(I just realized that the quilt is upside-down - sorry!)  You get the idea though...
I'm off to link up to Judy's "On the Needles" post, and Sarah's "Can I get a Whoop-Whoop?" post.
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. That baby sweater is adorable! I do like it with the variegated yarn. When my son was little, I made him a similar version of I-Spy. He loved it! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete