Saturday, July 2, 2016

June wrap-up

Wow - June flew by!  (Is that a sign that I'm getting old?  Every month lately seems to be gone before I know it!)
So, I've already shared most of my June projects / finishes, except for my Quilty 365 blocks - and here they are!  I've now made 182 blocks.
I have very specific reasons for choosing some of the fabrics; others were just handy...  The top right corner fabric from Fig Tree's Mirabelle line marked my birthday; another fabric celebrated the birth of a friend's baby boy.
Unfortunately, the last block marked a very sad day - the fabric reminded me of a fire.  On June 30th, one of my local quilt shops (Cornerstone Quilts) went up in flames, with approx. 12 other businesses in a strip plaza fire.  The cause is still unknown.  Thankfully, no one was injured.
I'm linking up with Quilty Folk to share my Quilty 365 blocks.


3 comments:

  1. Fortunately no-one was hurt in the fire. I like the crosses you're making as a change from everyone else's circles; I'm looking forward to seeing how they all come together at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of the quilt shops and other business that were lost but hopefully they all will be able to rebuild and prosper.

    Your blocks are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personal blocks! I like your cross-blocks

    ReplyDelete