Friday, March 10, 2017

My latest "doings"...

It's Friday again - time to share my latest knitting project - well, one of them at least!
Several months ago, the ladies behind TinCanKnits "conspired" with several other well-known knitwear designers to produce Heart on my Sleeve - a compilation of patterns to raise funds to purchase mosquito netting for malaria-areas of the world.  The idea was that a pattern would be purchased (the body is the same for all) and each knitter would be free to choose from the various yoke and sleeve options.  There's also a bit of incentive - there are prizes for any sweaters completed before April 18th.
It just so happened that I was in need of a sweater for my daughter's newest nephew - born in November - and the HOMS patterns start at 0-6 months and go to adult size 4XL.  I had already purchased some dark teal Ultra Mellowspun yarn from Mary Maxim, and had knit about 4" of a sweater, but I wasn't really thrilled with the way it was turning out, so I had no problem "unknitting" that project.  That freed up the yarn for a gorgeous fair-isle yoke styled sweater.
I've managed to complete one sleeve, and have most of the second one done; I've also knit about half of the body section.
This photo doesn't show the richness of the teal colour, but you can at least see the progress I've made since I cast on last week Monday.  The yoke will have an off-white yarn for the contrast in the yoke.

You may also remember the sweaters I've been knitting for my grandsons - and I'm happy to say that they are done - except for the buttons being sewn on - and blocking...   This is "Antler" from TinCanKnits - the light sweater is a size 1-2, and the darker sweater is size 2-4.  Hopefully, I'll get the buttons on tomorrow and the boys can have their sweaters!  They should fit them this fall - and hopefully next year too!

Linking up to Judy's On The Needles report.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful one day I want to make a sweater it looks hard to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweaters look lovely. Either you have a lot of time and/or you are one fast knitter.

    ReplyDelete