Monday, April 24, 2017

My design wall - April 24, 2017

Hey, I've actually got something up on my design wall!  I haven't had much time to work on any of my on-going projects for any length of time over the past 2 weeks, but I made time on Saturday to start a new one!
I'm SO thankful my daughter warned me not to install Pinterest on my cell phone - she told me that I'd spend all my spare time scrolling through the various pins, and I'd never get anything else done...  So, I resisted - for about 3 weeks...  Last week, I ended up having to wait for someone, and so, to kill a bit of time, I scrolled through the day's offerings - and found this pin.  I really had no use for a kit, and I'd actually have to buy at least 3 or 4 kits to make a quilt the size I needed.  It didn't look too complicated though, so I thought I'd see if I had any fabric to make the quilt.  (See hubby, it DOES pay to have a stash!)  I found exactly the right fabrics, got them cut up and sewed up a bunch of them - and then I noticed that two of the fabrics were directional, and to get the pattern right, every other block would be upside down...  So, back to the fabrics, cut some more, reversing the two "problem" fabrics, and laid out the blocks.
And this is what they look like!
I'm hoping to finish the top this week - not sure if I'll leave it as it is, or put a border on it - I'll have to see what it looks like then.
Linking up to Judy's Design Wall post.

2 comments:

  1. I had to delete Pinterest from my phone for that very reason! Sweet new quilt project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete