Friday, April 7, 2017

On the Needles Fri. Apr. 7, 2017

I have a finish to report today, as well as my next "works in progress".
I'm part of the TinCanKnits group on Ravelry.  They recently partnered with 7 other knitwear designers to create 9 unique sweaters using the same body and sleeves - the women each designed a different yoke pattern that worked with the body / sleeves.  Sales of the patterns funded the purchase of mosquito netting for the "Against Malaria Foundation".  
I chose to make the "Tenderheart" pattern by TinCanKnits, in teal and off-white for my son-in-law's nephew, baby Owen.  He was born in November, but I didn't want to make a baby sweater, so I knit it in the 2-4 year-old size.  I hope his mom likes the colour!
Another group that I belong to on Ravelry is the "17 in 2017" group.  We've been challenged to complete 17 items this year - hopefully (in my case), works in progress.  Every month we're issued a specific challenge, and I try to match it with a project on my list of unfinished objects.  
My oldest daughter's best friend (Erin) from high school had her first baby (a boy) last summer.  I've been working on a sweater for him for quite a while now, and it's SO close to being done.  Well, the challenge for April's 17 in 2017 is "Doubles".   

The group moderator wrote "Suggested ideas for doubles:
  1. Mittens
  2. Socks
  3. Two projects from the same designer
  4. Repeat of a pattern you have previously used"

I just found out that my cousin's 2nd daughter is expecting a baby girl this summer, and I thought that I'd take this opportunity to make a girl's version of the sweater that I made for Erin's baby - here are the backs of the 2 sweaters - the blue one is for Erin's son, and the red / multi colour print is for Melissa's baby:




Getting these 2 sweaters done this month should keep me busy!
Linking up to Judy's On the Needles post, and also to Sarah's Can I get a whoop-whoop post.

1 comment: