Saturday, January 6, 2018

A start...

Okay, the new year is 6 days old, and I already have a "finish" to share!  It helps that Merry Mayhem had their annual New Year's day Mystery Quilt, and that a few friends encouraged me to join up. 
It was a really fun, easy and very enjoyable project - just (4) 1-yard pieces of fabric, 7 steps, and voila!  a pretty quilt top!
I was excited to find all the fabrics for this quilt in my stash - and now I have some pretty scraps leftover to use for any of the five or so scrappy projects that I'm always adding to.
So, without further ado, I give you "Zigs and Zags"!
This is the twin sized quilt, and it finishes at approx. 48" by 64" without borders.  I have enough of the white background to make a border, but I don't think that would be the best look - it should probably be one of the darker fabrics.  The joy of using stash...
This quilt will be donated to the Pediatric Critical Care Unit of a local hospital - there's a big need for quilts for teens, and this is almost the perfect size.  The best part is, the quilt was SO much fun to do, and so easy - so, I went back to my fabric bins, and pulled fabric to make 2 more!  
Linking up to Sarah's "Can I get a Whoop Whoop" and Amanda Jean's "Finish it up Friday" posts.

2 comments:

  1. Great quilt and what a great donation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you had fun with the mystery process. Someone will be lucky to receive this!!

    ReplyDelete