Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Wrapping up January

This has been a crazy month - wild weather, getting called to work to fill in for a friend, ending up with a pinched nerve in my neck...  There's not much of that that I'd like to repeat!
But, somehow, I did manage to accomplish a few things!  I mentioned the last time that I'd pulled fabric from my stash to complete 2 more of Merry Mayhem's New Year's day mystery quilt - "Zigs & Zags" - and I've got both of those tops finished.  One of them will hopefully appeal to a boy / teen -  I don't know about the other one, but they'll both be going to the Pediatric Critical Care Unit of a local hospital.  Here they are:

 They currently measure approx. 48" x 64", so I may add borders yet to make them just a bit bigger - and hopefully, I'll get them quilted next week.



I also cut 5" squares earlier this month to make a Plus quilt - and then ended up with a pinched nerve in my neck, so the assembling didn't happen when I hoped - but I finally managed to sew the last seams yesterday afternoon - and this one's ready for quilting too!  It's a bit bigger than the previous ones - it's 52" x 66", so that's a perfect size!
And finally, I managed to finish a gift for each of my grandsons!  They were supposed to be for Christmas, but I piled too much on my plate for December, and the boys didn't know they were supposed to get one more gift.  So, last week Saturday, grandson #1 turned 3 years old, and he and his brother got their "A Bear and a Bunny Suit" bears!  The pattern is by Susan B. Anthony, and is available on Ravelry.  The boys were thrilled with their new toys!
Now that January is behind us, what can I get done in February?  You'll have to come back to see!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! Despite your work and pinched nerve issues, you did a whole lot!! The zig zag quilts are great as well as the plus quilt! You are on a roll!! And oh my, the bears in a bunny suit are too cute!! Glad they were a hit with your grandsons! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The knitted toys are so cute, and I love your plus quilt. Hope your neck gets better very soon, it sounds really painfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the NY quilt as well, but I didn't see the shadow box it created until I looked at your blue and white one. I love it done in those colors.

    ReplyDelete