Monday, January 9, 2012

Placemats!

I love when I can combine 2 things into one - and that's what I'm doing for this post.
Our quilt guild offered to make placemats for all of the clients that get Meals on Wheels - they will be receiving them sometime in February. We were to turn them in at the meeting earlier this evening.
I had 4 different ones cut out, and had planned to assemble them all today. By doing that, I'd also qualify for the After Christmas Sew Along - Monday is the day set aside for crafting our project for this week.
Well, "they" say that "...the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray...", and that's been the case here today! It's a good thing that I can still drop off placemats up to the end of the month, because only 2 got finished... but they look really good! The one on the left is brown and 2 shades of aqua; the one on the right is 2 shades of green and a cream fabric; they're both displayed by my long-suffering husband... and he does it SO well!

No comments:

Post a Comment