So, it was a good thing that I got a head-start on my project, because it definitely took a lot longer to make than I thought it would.
I found a really neat quilt pattern online a week or so ago - this should bring you to the tutorial: http://www.abrightcorner.com/2012/02/tutorial-strip-tube-quilt.html
I bought a Ruby jelly roll a few weeks ago, because I've always loved the colours, and I just wanted a really bright and fun quilt. So far, I'm right on track to accomplish that!
The pic shows the progression from individual blocks (some of them are like the positive/negative images that you get when you cut up the strips), to pairs, and then the start of 2 different rows...... (sorry the pic is so blurry)