Monday, December 17, 2012

Birthday cards!

We seem to have a number of family birthdays in December - so, while everyone else is making Christmas cards, I'm making birthday cards. Once again, Pinterest has been a big help in finding great ideas for cards - look at these 2 cards:
The card on the left is really easy, especially if you have one of the little paper packs that have a whole line of paper in it - the paper all coordinates! (I'm pretty sure that this paper is from Basic Grey.) I used 4 different sizes of circle punches to get a nice assortment of circles, which I then randomly glued to the left side of the card. All that it needed then was a sentiment: I used the "Happy Happy Birthday" one from an old sentiment assortment from Stampin' Up. (It may be the first time I've used that particular stamp!) The card on the right has some designer paper glued on the card base; then I cut 2 sizes of labels using the Labels 4 Nestabilities die from Spellbinders. I embossed the white C/S with a section of an SU floral embossing folder. I added brown "pearls" to the flower centers, and finished the label with a few butterflies from a Sizzlets die. A bit of sheer ribbon and a sentiment finished the card off. I have some more Christmas cards to make yet - I'm hoping to have the cards all sent out tonight or tomorrow - and then I might have some time to work on a quilting project (or 8...!) I signed up to do a mystery quilt that will be going to a wounded serviceman/woman - the final clue was just released on Friday; I signed up to do a New Year's Day mystery too, AND I need to prepare a tutorial for our January quilt guild meeting. Maybe I should post this and get started on those extra Christmas cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment