Monday, December 31, 2012

One more "Last post for 2012"!

Well, it's the last day of 2012... I'm pretty sure that I'm ready for a new year! I signed up with a group of quilters that are pledging to finish at least one project every month for 2013.  I managed to finish a LOT of quilt tops, but that's as far as they got. I need some real motivation to finish those babies, seeing as I no longer have the excuse that I can't do the actual quilting. I've also managed to get a picture of the fabrics I'm using for my New Year's Day Mystery Quilt:
The strips are an Amelia jelly roll (all of the fabrics are from one fabric line, and they're precut to 2 1/2"). I'm using a white fabric for my background - and what you can't see is that the design is a loopy flower - which very closely matches the loopy flower in some of the strips; the brightly striped fabric is for my border (I'm already thinking of the finishing touches - which is a good thing!); I'm pretty sure that every colour in the striped fabric also shows up in the jelly roll fabrics! I'm hoping to see you next year!

1 comment: