Friday, April 26, 2013

...and it's finished!

It's time to show you my completed "Charming Chevrons" quilt!  I managed to get the binding on, and stitched it down by hand.  I originally planned to machine-stitch the binding down, but it started stretching a bit, so I undid the few inches that I'd put in, and threaded a needle (cue the "Do-Re-Me" song from The Sound of Music - So, a needle pulling thread...) .  It took me 3 days, but the stitching is done!  I love this quilt!  Now I have to find someone that loves it as much as I do - I'll consider all offers!
And here's the proof:
The original quilt was made by Christa Watson (http://christaquiltsblog.com/2012/10/18/diy-quilts-3-1-charming-chevrons-supply-list/), using Kona Cottons, and it looks great, but I love this one even more (sorry Christa!).
Now I've got a mystery quilt to finish - the final clue was released a few hours ago.  After I get the top pieced, I'll post a picture;  I'll be sharing my May "Lovely Year of Finishes" project around May 1st.

5 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful. A lovely finish

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous!! I love it. Someone will be very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely beautiful! Love the colours...so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic. I love all the fabrics you chose! Thanks for linking up :-)

    ReplyDelete