Saturday, June 1, 2013

May's Finish

I've finally got a few minutes to post my finish for May for the Year of Lovely Finishes - I know that I'm too late by a day or two.  The last week has just been too crazy - I haven't had time to read or comment on anyone's blog posts, or check out what's going on in the Facebook world....  The worst part is, that I got my May project finished on the 30th, but had no way to post it then - c'est la vie...
I can show you anyway - I'm really pleased with the way this quilt turned out!  I found the fabric strips that were missing, so I was able to get the two borders on.  I found the perfect fabric for the backing, and there was just enough fabric on the bolt to make the backing, and it was on sale!  Now I know that I said I'd find a tall person to hold the quilt up so that I could get a good picture of it, but that tall person never got here, so I ended up draping the quilt on my living room couch - and I managed to get most of it into the pic - and here's the proof:
I'm glad to be putting this quilt on the completed pile - so now there are only 8 or 9 uncompleted quilts left... that should keep me going 'til the end of the year!  But, I have a little girl's sweater to knit first, so it's a good thing that June's project is well on it's way to being finished already!  Check back here in a day or two for a card or two (gasp! a card!  Yes, I still make a few!), and then I'll post my June "Finishes" project.

3 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous! I really like the fabrics and the colours. The border finishes it beautifully! Great job on this one!

    ReplyDelete