Friday, August 28, 2015

On the Needles - Aug. 28, 2015

I can't remember the  last time that I did a knitting update, but I've got a project on the go right now, and I thought that blogging about it might motivate me to keep working on it.  It's a baby sweater set that I saw in the Mary Maxim catalogue.  It looked interesting, and I was looking for a new pattern for a baby set, so I ordered it.  It sat in my sewing room for at least a month before I even opened the bag that it came in.
I picked it up about a few weeks ago, thinking that I'd like to start something quick and easy - and it was definitely NOT this pattern!  I had a really hard time getting the pattern established - until I realized that I had it right all along - it just didn't look right until I had about 4 or 5 rows of the pattern established.  Now I've got it down, and it's going well!  (I'm even thinking of going to their tent sale to get more yarn so I can knit it again!)
I know of at least 3 babies "on the way" and I like to have a baby gift on hand - sometimes the need for a gift comes up unexpectedly, and having a set like this will come in handy!  This one is done in white, but I might pick up some pink yarn for the next set.  I'm still trying to decide if it's too "girly" for a baby boy...
I'll be linking this up to Judy's On the Needles post:
I'll be posting my August ALYoF project in a day or two...

1 comment: