Friday, April 29, 2011
It's FINALLY done!
I've been trying to make this "Quarter Quilt" using one of Kaye Wood's patterns for quite a while now..... I was sure that I could whip it up in a weekend - and if I hadn't been interrupted a kazillion times, I might have done it. But, I put the last stitches in the binding tonight, and voila! a new Quarter Quilt for the spare room. It even matches the comforter quite nicely! Of course, the comforter will be coming off when the nice weather finally makes it's way to us.
The last QQ I made was flowery and I used a rose-red fabric - and seeing as the spare room is most often used by my son, I thought it needed something a little more manly.
I loved how this pattern went together too - there's a "twist" in the instructions, and I thought that was the most fun part - but you'll have to order the pattern to find out what the twist is! The first pic is a close-up of the fabrics and the pattern; the 2nd is a pic of it on the bed.