Monday, May 5, 2014

May's "ALYoF" project

You'd think that with all of the different quilt-y projects I've started recently, it would be easy to choose a project to finish, but that isn't the case!  I went through my stack of tops earlier this morning, and finally picked my Twister quilt.  I'm not sure that I've even shared the top here!
I cut the pieces for this more than a year ago, and tucked it away for another time - which may have ended up being January of this year...  The pattern uses up almost a whole charm pack, and some yardage.  You sew 4 strips of charms, sew fabric all the way around the strips, and then get out your Twister template to cut out the pinwheels.  Once they've been cut up, they're sewn together again, and the "border" fabric becomes part of the strip.  When that step is done, you sash the strips, sew them into a larger section; it then has 2 more borders and 4 cornerstone blocks added to it - and VOILA! your top is finished!
Now I'm going to have to find a backing fabric - or maybe I'll make a patched back from whatever left-over fabrics I have from assembling the top.
This is also a UFO that I need to finish completely for our guild challenge, so I'd better get working on it!
 It's going to need a good pressing first of all!

1 comment: