Saturday, March 1, 2014

A New Month, a New Colour!

Today is Mar.1st, which means that the Rainbow Scrap Challenge will have a new focus colour - and it's teal / aqua, and every blue-green shade in between!  Thankfully, my Fat Quarter drawer and my scrap bins both have an abundance of these colours; consequently, I've had a busy day!  I try to cut all of the fabrics that I'll need for my chosen blocks (Kickin' Stash, and Japanese x and + blocks) - I'm not sure if I'm going to have enough time to make up the units, but I'll try!
Now it's bedtime, and before I go, I want to share my newly-made Japanese x and + blocks.  Apart from the very first one that I made, I'm trying to make sure that all of the fabrics have some of the assigned colour in them - today's blocks do, but there's not a lot of contrast between the some of the dark and light fabrics - I'll let you decide!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you have plenty of fabric to work with this month. Great blocks to start off with. The contrast seems good to me, even with teals in all of the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are pretty, I really like the grey with teal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great to me... I always admire this eye catching block pattern!

    ReplyDelete