Thursday, March 6, 2014

March's project

I've been trying to decide on what to focus on for my March "Lovely Year of Finishes" - not because I don't have many things to choose from, but because I have too many!  Add to that, a very busy month coming up, with birthday celebrations for a number of family members (including my dad's 85th!) - and I didn't want to pick something more challenging than I'd really have time for.
So, after doing a version of eenie, meenie, miney, moe, I've chosen to complete a child's quilt that I pieced a few months ago.  I've had the backing for as long as I've had the fabrics for the top - now it's just a matter of layering the quilt, doing the quilting, and binding it.  My son told me a few weeks ago that one of his best friends just announced that he and his wife are expecting their first child(!) and I immediately offered to make them a quilt.  That's what we quilters do, right?
So, here's the top, and the backing - I knew as soon as I saw the fabric that it would be PERFECT for this quilt!

I haven't decided what to use for the binding yet - it will probably be the same orange as the border - I'll decide when I get working on the quilting.  I'm off to link up to Melissa's blog!

1 comment: