I finished my "Lovely Year of Finishes" project, just before the absolute deadline - BUT, it's done! I missed a few days last week, and there are always the little things that come up that throw a wrench into the plans - all reasons that might have contributed to this - or maybe, I just pick projects that are a little too complicated to finish in the time frame of 4 weeks. Of course, starting a new project in the middle of this month probably didn't help the cause any either - and I probably should have 20 lashes with a wet noodle for trying to pull that off. But it's done....
My April project was to complete my quilt top using the "Disappearing Pinwheels" (free) pattern from the Missouri Star Quilt Co. It's meant to be made with a patterned layer cake and a solid-coloured one too. I didn't realize that I had a layer cake - I could have saved a fair bit of time using that! Instead, I used 2 sets of 8 or 9 FQs from the Brooklyn Heights line by Kitty Yoshida. I picked those 2 sets up about 5 or 6 years ago, with grand plans for the fabrics, but after I washed them, I realized that they really wouldn't work, and set the fabrics aside - until now. I ended up getting 2 - 10.5" squares from each of the FQs, and cut enough white squares from my stash for the other half of the block. I got the center assembled, bordered the entire quilt with more white scrap fabric, and managed to cut a few 1.75" strips from each of the prints for the outer border - and there's enough strips left over for the binding.
I'm really tired after all that - so I'll share the picture, and post my finish on Melissa's site before I crash for the night.
I should be back in a day or two with my (hopefully!) much easier project for May!