Friday, January 8, 2016

On my needles Jan. 8...

As I mentioned a few days ago, I'm hoping to blog more often, and also to take part in more challenges.  I posted my knitting progress a few times in Judy's "On the Needles" posts last year, but I'm going to try to participate more often this year.
So, here's what I'm working on now - my nephew and his wife are expecting their first child next month, and there's going to be a baby shower soon.  They've decided to wait to find out the baby's sex, so I tried to find a pattern and yarn that will be gender-neutral - and I think that I've found a great combination! This is the back of what will be a hooded, cabled sweater from a  King Cole pattern book, design #7:
The sweater is almost to the armhole decreases - rather "mindless" knitting to this point, but I'll have to concentrate a lot more carefully for the fronts!
Check out here to see what other folks are working on!

3 comments:

  1. I really like that green! Perfect choice and not the typical baby pastel, which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice neutral choice! Cute pattern, too, and it looks like you're almost ready to do the front which should be more interesting. Can you tell that backs aren't my favorite?

    ReplyDelete