Saturday, January 30, 2016

On the Needles Jan. 29 and cards

I know that I was supposed to post my knitting project yesterday, but once again, there just weren't enough hours in the day...  (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!)
Part of the reason for the delay in posting, is that I really haven't made a lot of progress on the baby sweater. I have a few other projects in the works as well, and I worked a bit on two of them as well - but I can't post them right now - the recipient is a follower, and I don't want her to see it until it's in her hands.
Meanwhile, the baby shower was held last Sunday afternoon - minus the sweater.  I told the expectant mom that it will be coming, hopefully before the baby arrives.
I'm working on the cabled fronts - have a look:
I'm about halfway done at this point.  Then I'll have to add the button bands, and knit the hood.
Another thing that kept me from knitting was making a few cards.  My stash has dwindled to almost nothing, and I hate having to make a card just a few minutes before it has to go into the mail.  It's so much nicer to pick one out of an overflowing box!
A friend's husband had surgery last week, and I wanted them to know that we're thinking of them, and keeping them in our prayers, so the first card is on it's way to them; the second card is without a sentiment right now - it could be for a birthday, or a "Thinking of You" kind of card - whatever is called for at the time.  It will only take a minute or two to add something then.

I'll wrap up the month of January with a post tomorrow - I finished my blue tulip blocks for January, and I have my Quilty 365 blocks done for the week - I'll probably post a pic of all the blocks for January!
I'm going to link up on Judy's On the Needles page.

1 comment: